Protocol and Practice of Persons Appearing in the Court of Commissioner Glenn Allen
You are here: Judicial Biographies<< return to previous page
Specific Comments or Advice for LitigantsSpecific Requirements or Preferences Dear Counsel:
Through May 1, 2020, the following procedures are applicable to cases with hearings scheduled in Courtroom A (Commissioner Allen):
· All Guardianship, Adoption and Private Severance hearings will be held telephonically.
If a telephonic-only hearing will not suffice for any reason, the moving party shall file a written motion with the Clerk of the Court and email a copy to division staff at least 24 hours in advance of the hearing. Please do not arrive for hearings in person or knowingly allow your clients to do so, even if you have moved for an in-person hearing and you do not yet know the Court’s decision. Please plan to submit necessary documents physically in advance, electronically in advance via JAX, or via email to Division staff. Proposed orders should be submitted in separate PDFs from the motions to which they relate. (Local Rule 2.17).
· Unless otherwise ordered by the court, all delinquency hearings will be held telephonically except adjudications, disposition hearings, transfer hearings, changes of plea, and direct file initial appearance hearings.
· To facilitate telephonic appearances, the Bridge Line for Division A (Commissioner Allen), is 1-855-506-9695, Code 109671#. As soon as you dial-in to that number, you will be in the courtroom and most likely on the record. Please advise your clients of the same. No party or counsel should call that number and automatically announce or inquire while another proceeding is ongoing; thank you for helping keep our record of proceedings clean and timely. PLEASE NOTE: All hearings are set for a specific time. Please only call in at your designated time.
· If you become aware that you, an immediate in-home family member, a client, an immediate in-home family member of a client, or anyone who would normally appear for a case is ill with a fever or other significant COVID-19 symptoms, waivers of appearances will be granted, including for telephonic hearings. Please give Division A as much notice as possible in advance of the hearing by calling 602-506-2040 to address waiver before the hearing occurs. Please do not let any symptomatic or ill individuals transport or handle documents or other items that will be submitted physically in advance of telephonic hearings.
· With the majority of all hearings now telephonic, this should not be an issue, but just in case, please do NOT arrive at the Durango Juvenile Court Center ill, and please do NOT knowingly allow anyone else to do so. Court Security has been given direction to exclude symptomatic individuals at security. Also with all hearings telephonic, signs will be posted on the exterior courtroom doors to direct anyone who arrives in person to call Division staff to advise that they are present.
· The Rule 41(F) admonition regarding confidentiality applies to all open hearings conducted via Bridge Line. If as many counsel as possible can create a conference call between themselves and their client—and then dial that conference call into the Bridge Line when it is time—this will cut down on wait time for hearings to get started. If this creates signal issues for the location you're calling from, it is fine to work-around and have your client call the bridge directly. If you get a busy signal on the bridge line, please disconnect your call and try again.
· These procedures will be revisited on an ongoing basis; please call 602-506-2040 with any questions.