Superior Court >Family Court >Services >Family Court Conference Center

Family Court Conference Center: Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Family Court Conference Center? The Family Court Conference Center is committed to helping parents find constructive ways to resolve their disputes, so that children may grow up in a healthier climate, and become successful.

In 1987, the Arizona legislature established new procedures to expedite public access to the courts for the enforcement of court orders concerning child support, spousal support (maintenance), and parenting time. Expedited Services was created in 1988 by the Clerk's office to assist the Court, and on July 1, 2004, was transferred to Superior Court. The Family Court Conference Center, a unit within the Family Court Department, was established in October of 2006 to support the Support Enforcement Court, the Parenting Time Enforcement Court, and the Child Support Court for all child support, and enforcement matters.

If support payments are not paid, are late, or parents are interfering with court-ordered parenting time, parties may file a request for enforcement of the orders.
What hours is the Family Court Conference Center available? On all non-holiday business days, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. -- Court Holidays. Where is the Family Court Conference Center located? 201 W. Jefferson Third Floor, Phoenix, Arizona 85003
Phone: 602-506-3762 or FAX: 602-506-5711

222 E. Javelina Suite 1300, Mesa, Arizona 85210
Phone: 602-506-3762 or FAX: 602-506-3272

14264 W. Tierra Buena Lane, Surprise, Arizona 85324
Phone: 602-506-3762 or FAX: 602-506-5711

18380 N. 40th Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85032
Phone: 602-506-3762 or FAX: 602-506-5711 return to top

What Services are available through the Family Court Conference Center? Through filing will assist parties with:
  • Establishment of Child Support
  • Modification of Child Support
  • Enforcement of Child Support
  • Enforcement of Child Support Arrears
  • Enforcement of Spousal Support
  • Enforcement of Spousal Support Arrears
  • Enforcement of Medical Insurance Coverage
  • Enforcement of Parenting Time
  • Enforcement of Uncovered Medical and Dental Expenses
The Court may also order the Family Court Conference Center to monitor:
  • Child Support
  • Spousal Maintenance
  • Parenting Time
  • Uncovered Medical and Dental Expenses
Where can I obtain forms to file with the Family Court Conference Center? The specialized filings regarding the above issues may be found at the Law Library Resource Centers of Superior Court. Who conducts the Conference? The Conference Officer is a court employee, who is neutral and does not represent either party.return to top

Who conducts the Hearing? The Family Court Judicial Officer, this will most likely be a Court Commissioner, a person appointed pursuant to the Arizona Constitution, and Arizona Revised Statues by the Presiding Judge of a county. What do I need to bring with me to the Conference? You will need three (3) copies of all documents-one set each for the Conference Officer, the other party, and you. Copies must be given to the other party at the same time they are provided to the Court. Mailed or faxed documents must indicate copies have been mailed or faxed to the other party. Can I attend the Conference by phone? How do I make those arrangements? A request to attend the conference by telephone must be in writing (mail, fax or hand deliver) and made as soon as possible. A party attending the conference telephonically may not have anyone else, other than their attorney, in the room during the proceeding. What will occur during the Conference? The parties will meet with a Conference Officer. The issues the parties filed with the court will be addressed. The Conference Officer will attempt to mediate an agreement between the parties on the issues.return to top

What occurs after the conference? If the parties do not agree as to all of the issues necessary to resolve the pending petition, the Court will conduct an evidentiary hearing to determine those matters.

It is the goal of the Court to provide the parties with a final resolution of the pending petition on the date of the Conference/Hearing. If good cause is shown that additional discovery or hearing time is needed in order for the Court to reach a just determination, the Court may schedule an additional hearing.
Can I talk to the Conference Officer after the conclusion of the Conference? In order to maintain their neutral position, all communication must take place in the presence of all parties. This applies to both written and oral communication. How long will the conference take? The Conference and Hearing are each scheduled for one hour. If an agreement is reached during the Conference the Hearing would be subsequently vacated. Can I record the conference? Tape recorders, laptops, and cameras, cannot be taken into a Conference or the Courtroom. Phones or pagers need to be turned off during both proceedings.return to top

What happens to the documents submitted at the conference? Documentation provided at the conference will be returned to the parties at the conclusion of the Conference. Where do the Child/Spousal support payments get mailed? Payments should include the Obligor's name, ATLAS number, Court case number, and be mailed to:

Support Payment Clearinghouse
P.O. Box 52107
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2107
I filed for a modification, How much time do I have to serve the other party? Your action will be dismissed after 120 days if you do not have the other party served. I filed for Enforcement and I cannot get the other party served.
Service has been attempted at least 3 times.
What can I do?
You may wish to seek legal advice from an attorney as to the next step of action to take when you are unable to serve the other party, or if the other party is avoiding service. How do I get a copy of the Maricopa County Plan for Expedited Process? Contact the Family Court Conference Center at (602) 506-3762.return to top

My case is being monitored through Expedited Services, is my case still open within the Family Court Conference Center? Yes, if you had an open case through Expedited Services, it will continue to be opened through the Family Court Conference Center. Contact the Family Court Conference Center at (602) 506-3762. I have a case with the Family Court Conference Center. I turned in a non-compliance report three weeks ago.
What can I do?
Contact Family Court Conference Center at (602) 506-3762. What is a conference officer? An employee of the Family Court Conference Center , which is a unit of Family Court Administration. They are appointed by the Presiding Judge or his/her designee, pursuant to Rule 53 Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure and Maricopa County Local Rule 6.9. What is a conference? A proceeding conducted by Family Court Conference Center conference officer to obtain information and/or agreements related to support and parenting time issues, and to record any agreement of the parties regarding those issues.return to top

What is an evidentiary hearing? An appearance conducted before a judge or commissioner to receive evidence and make findings, recommendations and/or orders relating to support or parenting time. I have filed an Expedited Request to enforce my court order.
How long will it be before a conference is scheduled?
At the time of filing you will be directed to the Family Court Conference Center to receive an Order to Appear. The conference and subsequent hearing will be scheduled at that time. You will receive a copy of the Order to Appear. You will need to serve the Order to Appear on the responding party no later than two weeks prior to the conference, and in accordance with Rule 4, 4.1 and 4.2, Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure. Can I talk to the conference officer or Commissioner individually? This is called "ex parte" communication where one party speaks to a court officer outside the other party's presence; this is to ensure fairness to the parties.return to top

Can I bring my children to the conference? Children are not permitted in the Conference or Courtroom since adult issues are discussed, and they may not be left unattended. Can my significant other attend the conference? Only the parties to the action and their attorneys may attend the Conference. The Courtroom is open to the public. Do I need an attorney in order to appear for the Conference/Hearing? No, parties may represent themselves; however, attorneys representing the parties are welcome. What information do I need to bring to the conference? Any documentation that pertains to the issues and/or the items listed on the documents that you received at the time of service; or the pink minute entry you received in the mail that informed you of the date, time and location of the Conference and subsequent Hearing.return to top

I lost/misplaced the documents that inform me what I need to bring to the conference.
How do I find out what I need to bring?
Contact the Family Court Conference Center at (602) 506-3762. I missed my conference date. What can I do? Contact the Family Court Conference Center at (602) 506-3762. Where is the conference held? Family Court Conference Center locations are: 201 W. Jefferson Street, Phoenix;
222 E. Javelina Avenue, Mesa
14264 Tierra Buena Lane, Surprise
18380 N. 40th Street, Phoenix

The location of the conference is indicated on the conference notice. If you do not know the location for your Proceedings, contact the Family Court Conference Center at (602) 506-3762.return to top

I cannot attend the conference at the date and/or time indicated on the conference notice. Can I get the conference rescheduled? The Conference and Hearing will not be reset unless there is good cause. You MUST give a copy of your request to reset the hearing to the Judicial Officer assigned to your case and to the other parties in this matter. Your request must also tell the judicial Officer the date you delivered a copy of the request to reset, the address to which the copy was sent and whether the delivery was by mail or by hand. Can I attend the conference by phone? Immediately put your request in writing to attend the conference by phone. You may mail, fax, or hand deliver your request to the Family Court Conference Center. You must provide a copy of the request to the other party by mail, fax, or hand delivery. The original should state how the copy was provided to the other party. We cannot guarantee that the conference will be conducted telephonically. What is the authority to hold a conference? The Maricopa County Plan for Expedited Process.return to top

What is Support Enforcement Court? Support Enforcement Court is for parties seeking to enforce a support order (Spousal maintenance, child support, unreimbursed medical, dental, vision coverage). When parties file an expedited petition for enforcement, they will need to obtain an Order to Appear from the Family Court Conference Center for a conference and a subsequent evidentiary hearing before a judicial officer. Litigants will meet with a Conference Officer to try to reach an agreement. If complete agreement is reached during the Conference, it will be memorialized as a written stipulation and, if approved, it will be signed by a Judicial Officer before the parties leave the courthouse.

If there is no agreement, or if only some issues are resolved, the parties will appear at an evidentiary hearing immediately after the conference at which they will receive a final order from a judicial officer. Because a judicial officer will enter a final order the same day as the conference and hearing, there will no longer be delays experienced under the former process which required a report and recommendation from a Family Court Conference Center officer, review and adoption by a judicial officer, opportunities for the parties to object, and hearings to resolve the objections.
How can I get my case to the Parenting Time Enforcement or Support Enforcement Court? If you file an expedited petition to enforce parenting time or support, you will need to obtain an order to appear from the family court conference center. The order to appear will tell you when your conference and hearing are scheduled. You must serve the other party with the order to appear, a copy of your petition, and a copy of the other documents you have filed with the court.return to top

Can I participate in parenting time enforcement court or support enforcement court if i have a pending petition to modify Legal Decision Making, parenting time or child support? If you have a pending petition, of if you or the other side file a cross petition to modify Legal Decision Making, parenting time and child support, all issues, including modification and enforcement, will be heard by the judge assigned to your case. They will not be heard in the enforcement courts. In general, parties will no longer be referred to the Family Court Conference Center (formerly known as "Expedited Services") by their judge for child support calculation or enforcement once the judge has entered a Legal Decision Making or parenting time order. Litigants must be prepared to address child support at the hearing that modifies Legal Decision Making or parenting time. Where can I obtain help to calculate my child support? ezCourtForms has an online child support calculator that will help determine child support obligations. You can access ezCourtForms from most computers and at all Law Library Resource Centers located at each maricopa county superior court. The ezCourtForms website address is: How do I get supervised parenting time? You may wish to seek legal advice from an attorney. If you have a Maricopa County parenting time order, you may petition the Court for a hearing and request supervised parenting time. Ultimately, the Court makes the decision.return to top

click here for Law Library Resource Center
click here to view Town Hall Summary Report
click here to view Family Court Announcements
click here to view Family Court Videos