Superior Court >Law Library Resource Center >Forms >Power Of Attorney


A PARENTAL POWER OF ATTORNEY is used to give another adult temporary authority over your child(ren). The Parental Power of Attorney begins on a specific date and ends not more than six months later. The only exception to the six month period is for active military personnel, who are given one year delegation of parental authority.

  • You are 18 years of age or older, AND
  • You live in Arizona, AND
  • You are of sound mind, AND
  • You want to give another adult temporary authority over your child(ren) in a specific situation AND the person to whom you want to give the authority is willing to accept temporary authority over your child(ren).
DO NOT USE the Parental Power of Attorney forms to give another adult guardianship or Legal Decision Making (Custody) of your child(ren).

These forms may not meet the legal requirements for states other than Arizona. If you need a Parental Power of Attorney to be valid in another state, you should check with an attorney that practices in that state to ensure the Parental Power of Attorney will be valid.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.

Title File English Spanish
Parental Power of Attorney GNPPOA1 PDF PDF
Forms and Instructions
Order Title File English Spanish
1 Forms and Instructions for Parental Power of Attorney GNPPOA10f/i PDF PDF
click here for Law Library Resource Center
Americorps Vista