You are here:
Options for Victims of Domestic Violence
If you believe you are or may be in danger of being a victim of domestic violence, you can do some things to help
- You can get an ORDER OF PROTECTION to order the offender to stay away from you and so the police can arrest
the offender if he or she violates the order.
- You can LEAVE THE SCENE. No matter where you are, no matter what your partner is doing, just LEAVE. Leave to
collect your thoughts. Leave to consider the consequences of your decisions. Go somewhere safe and peaceful to
- You can TALK to someone, such as a counselor at a shelter. This person can help you with a PERSONAL SAFETY
PLAN so you and your children have the security and resources to leave the abusive person.
- You can TELL A FRIEND about your problem to get support and help.
- You can GET HELP. There are many agencies in the community that can help you with your problems. Ask for
For a listing of Community Services visit our Resources