You are here:
Warning Signs of Domestic Violence
The following are warning signs that could indicate that you are a victim of domestic violence. Where we use the
word "partner," we mean spouse, lover, or whoever applies in your situation.
You may be a victim of domestic violence or be in danger of becoming a victim if:
- you are expected to spend all of your fun time with your partner and must tell that person where you are at
all times; or
- you are frightened of your partner's temper; or
- you go along with the desires and actions of your partner because you are afraid, or you do not want to upset
your partner to hurt your partner's feelings; or
- you are verbally put down by your partner; or
- you want to "rescue" your partner when he/she is in trouble; or
- you apologize for your partner's behavior when you are treated badly; or
- you believe you deserve bad treatment from your partner; or
- you have been hit, kicked, shoved or had things thrown at you by your partner when they were jealous or angry.