Superior Court >Self- Service Center >Forms >Civil Cases

Excess Proceeds of Sale (Application for Release of)
ATTENTION: You may use the forms on this page if the following factors apply to your situation:
  • You are a former owner / trustor of property (or the guardian/conservator of any owner who is still under the age of 18), AND
  • The Mortgage or Deed of Trust was foreclosed and the property sold, AND
  • The property was sold for more than the amount owed to the lender, AND
  • The lenders attorney deposited the excess funds with the County Treasurer, AND
  • You want the money.
This packet contains court forms and instructions about applying for a refund of excess proceeds of a foreclosure sale.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.

Title File English Spanish
Excess Proceeds of Sale - Instructions & Forms CVEP1 PDF PDF

The individual forms and instructions below are already included in the Packet(s) above. If you choose to download the documents individually, make sure you get ALL of the instructions and ALL of the forms. Be sure the documents are in the following order:

Order Title File English Spanish
1 Procedures: How to File an Application for Release of Excess Proceeds of Sale CVEP71p PDF PDF
2 Instructions: How to fill out the "Application for Release of Excess Proceeds of Sale" CVEP11i PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 "Application for Release of Excess Proceeds of Sale" CVEP11f PDF PDF
2 "Affidavit of Mailing" CVEP24f PDF PDF
3 "Order for Release of Excess Proceeds of Sale" CVEP81f PDF PDF

click here for Self-Service Center
Child Support Calculator
Check us out on YouTube