Superior Court >Law Library Resource Center >Forms >Probate Cases

  • There is a court-ordered guardianship and/or conservatorship for an incapacitated or protected person (also known as “the ward”) in a U.S. state other than Arizona.
  • The ward is now in Arizona or will soon relocate to Arizona.
  • You want to transfer the existing guardianship and/or conservatorship case to Arizona rather than starting a new case here. *
* NOTE: You may either file to transfer or start a new case in Arizona, but note that transferring guardianship and/or conservatorship requires ALL of the following:
  • Asking the court in the state where the case is being sent from for permission to ask Arizona to accept the case;
  • Asking the court in Arizona to issue a provisional (temporary or conditional) order accepting the case;
  • Presenting the order provisionally accepting the case from the court in Arizona to the court in the sending state and asking for final permission to transfer;
  • Presenting the final permission to transfer from the sending state to the court in Arizona and asking for a final order accepting the transfer from Arizona; and
  • Presenting the final order from Arizona accepting transfer to the court in the sending state, along with a request to terminate the case in that state.
Note also, when accepting a transfer, no court investigator’s report or physician’s report are required, as the receiving court accepts the sending court’s determination of incapacity and need for protection.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.

Title File English Spanish
How to Transfer an Out-of-State Guardianship and/or Conservatorship Case in to Arizona - Instructions PBTX1i PDF PDF
How to Transfer an Out-of-State Guardianship and/or Conservatorship Case in to Arizona - Forms PBTX1f PDF PDF

The individual forms and instructions below are already included in the Packet(s) above. If you choose to download the documents individually, make sure you get ALL of the instructions and ALL of the forms. Be sure the documents are in the following order:

Order Title File English Spanish
1 Procedures for Transferring an Out-of-State Case TO Arizona PBTX10p PDF PDF
2 Information on How to Transfer an Out-of-State Case TO Arizona PBTX15h PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 Petition for Acceptance of Transfer with Probate Transfer Information Sheet PBTX11f PDF PDF
2 Affidavit of Person to be Appointed PBGC11f PDF PDF
3 Provisional Order Accepting Transfer PBTXT80f PDF PDF
4 Provisional Order Appointing Temporary Guardian/Conservator PBTXT81f PDF PDF
5 Temporary Letters of Appointment and Acceptance of Letters PBTXT82f PDF PDF
6 Request for Hearing Date Regarding Transfer PBTX13f PDF PDF
7 Order Appointing Attorney PBTX14f PDF PDF
8 Notice of Hearing Regarding Petition to Transfer PBTX18f PDF PDF
click here for Law Library Resource Center