Superior Court >Law Library Resource Center >Forms >Juvenile Cases

  • You want to have the court appoint a guardian for a minor (any person under the age of 18) on a temporary or emergency basis for a period of not more than six (6) months.
  • The minor lives in Maricopa County.
  • The person who will serve as guardian is not one of the parents.
  • You believe that the minor(s) needs to have a guardian temporarily and/or immediately.
  • If you are applying for Guardianship for more than one child, they have the same parents.**
* If the need for the guardianship will continue for more than 6 months, you will need to petition for "permanent" guardianship.

** If there are multiple children and they do not all have the same fathers or mothers, you must file a separate case for each set of parents.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.

Title File English Spanish
Appointment of Temporary / Emergency Guardian for a Minor JGT1 PDF PDF

The individual forms and instructions below are already included in the Packet(s) above. If you choose to download the documents individually, make sure you get ALL of the instructions and ALL of the forms. Be sure the documents are in the following order:

Order Title File English Spanish
1 How to Get a Guardian Appointed for a Minor on a Temporary /Emergency Basis jgt10h PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 Juvenile Information Sheet jg10f PDF PDF
2 Petition for Temporary Appointment of a Guardian for a Minor jgt11f PDF PDF
3 Affidavit of Person to be appointed Guardian jg11f PDF PDF
click here for Law Library Resource Center
Americorps Vista