Superior Court >Law Library Resource Center >Forms >Family Court

  • You and the other party do not agree about the Legal Decision Making (Custody) and parenting time (formerly known as "visitation") issues in your case, AND
  • You want to try mediation to resolve Legal Decision Making (Custody) and/or parenting time issues, AND
  • You have an existing case and case number in this Court and no final Judgment, Decree, or Order has ever been signed by a Judicial Officer under this case number. AND
  • The existing case is for one of the following actions, involving the same child(ren) as in this case:
    • "Petition to Establish Paternity," OR
    • "Petition to Establish Paternity, Legal Decision Making (Custody), Parenting Time and Support," OR
    • "Petition for Legal Separation With Children," OR
    • "Petition for Dissolution of Marriage With Children (Divorce)," OR
    • "Petition for Grandparent Visitation,"

*NOTE: If this is a POST-Decree matter, meaning an Order, Judgment or Decree has been previously signed by a Judicial Officer in this case, you must use the POST-DECREE MEDIATION packet instead.

View Law Library Resource Center Disclaimer.
Information on consulting Lawyers and Mediators.

This packet contains court forms and instructions to file a Petition for Mediation, or if the parties agree a Stipulation for Mediation, in Family Court cases involving Legal Decision Making (Custody) and visitation issues of the parties' child(ren). Be sure the documents are in the following order:

Title File English Spanish
Request Mediation when No Order has ever been Entered in Your Case dradm1 PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 Instructions and Procedures for Requesting Pre-Decree Mediation dradm11h PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 Request for Pre-Decree Mediation dradm11f PDF PDF
2 Joint Request for Pre-Decree Mediation dradm12f PDF PDF
3 Order for Referral to Mediation dradm81f PDF PDF
click here for Law Library Resource Center
Americorps Vista