Superior Court >Law Library Resource Center >Forms >Family Court

  • An "Income Withholding Order" has been entered against one of the parties, AND
  • You wish to increase or decrease the amount of the "ORDER" AND
  • The other parties will not both sign papers agreeing to stop the change AND
  • ONE or more of the following conditions applies to you:
You want to change the "Income Withholding Order" because:
  • The amount shown in the "Income Withholding Order" is wrong or was changed by Court Order OR
  • You have paid up all amounts you owed for past-due child support, and only have to pay current support, which will make your monthly payments go down OR
  • You still owe money for past due child support, but the current child support should stop - this child is 18 and not attending high school - or other condition for stopping child support has occurred, so your payments should go down OR
  • The "Child Support Order" states a separate amount per child, per month, and one or more of the children have gotten married, reached age 18, or another condition for paying child support has occurred, so you should pay less OR
  • You still owe current spousal maintenance payments but have paid up all amounts owed for past-due spousal maintenance and / or current or back child support , so you should pay less OR
  • You still owe past-due spousal maintenance (back alimony) and / or current or back child support, but one of the conditions listed in the Order for ending current spousal maintenance payments has occurred, so you should pay less.
DO NOT USE FORMS and instructions in this packet if the following factors apply to you:
  • All parties agree to stop the change and are willing to sign papers saying they agree. (Use the "Agreement to Change Income Withholding Order" forms instead.)
  • No further payments are owed for either current or back child support or spousal maintenance. (Use either the "Request" or "Agreement" "to Stop Income Withholding Order: forms instead.)
READ ME: Filing documents with the Court may lead to serious and sometimes unintended results. Consult an attorney to help guard against undesired and unexpected consequences. The Law Library Resource Center has a list of lawyers who can give you legal advice and who can help you on a task-by-task basis for a fee, and a list of court-approved mediators as well.
This packet contains court forms and instructions about stopping or changing (modifying) an Income Withholding Order when both parties do not agree. Be sure the documents are in the following order:
Title File English Spanish
Request to Change Income Withholding Order When Parties Do Not Agree drmw1 PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 How to Fill Out All Forms drmw11i PDF PDF
2 Procedures Checklists drmw10p PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 Request to Change an Income Withholding Order drmw11f PDF PDF
2 Current Employer Info Sheet drs88f PDF PDF
3 Order Modifying Income Withholding Order drmw81f PDF PDF
click here for Law Library Resource Center
Americorps Vista