Superior Court >Law Library Resource Center >Forms >Civil Cases

  • You are the parent or guardian of a minor child who was born in the state of Arizona who is less than 18 years old, and there is an error on the child's birth certificate other than the child's name* or there is an error in the child's name and some other item of information.*
  • The Arizona Office of Vital Records was unable to make the correction, and you want the Court to issue an Order to correct the error(s).
  • You are prepared to present a certified copy of the minor's Arizona birth certificate that contains the incorrect information.
  • You are able to present evidence supporting what you say is the correct information, AND
  • You understand that if the evidence you have present with this Petition or that you bring to court with you is not enough to satisfy the Court:
    • You may be ordered to return to court with more/other supporting information, or
    • Your case may be dismissed and you will not receive a refund of any court fees.
You may not use this packet to:
  • Request a legal name change,*
  • Change the identity of either parent, or
  • Establish paternity if no one is listed as the father.
* There are separate packets available from the Law Library Resource Center to request a change of name.
This page contains court forms and instructions on how to ask the Court to Order the Arizona Office of Vital Records to correct the Arizona birth record of a person less than 18 years old.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.

Title File English Spanish
Correct a Birth Certificate for a MINOR CVABM1 PDF PDF

The individual forms and instructions below are already included in the Packet(s) above. If you choose to download the documents individually, make sure you get ALL of the instructions and ALL of the forms. Be sure the documents are in the following order:

Order Title File English Spanish
1 Instructions: How to Fill Out Forms to Request Order to Amend a Birth Certificate of a Minor CVABM10i PDF PDF
2 Procedures: What to do after you have completed all forms CVABM10p PDF PDF
Order Title File English Spanish
1 Civil Cover Sheet CV10f PDF PDF
2 Petition for Court Order to Amend a (Arizona) Birth Certificate of a Minor CVABM11f PDF PDF
3 Consent of (other) Parent and Waiver of Notice CVABM17f PDF PDF
4 Notice of Hearing CVABM18f PDF PDF
5 Affidavit of Service by Certified Mail - (if required)* CVABM24f PDF PDF
6 Affidavit Supporting Publication - (if required)* CVABM25f PDF PDF
7 Court Order to Amend Birth Certificate for a Minor CVABM81f PDF PDF
* Read "Instructions" and "Procedures" to determine if use of these documents is required.
click here for Law Library Resource Center