Superior Court >E- Courtroom

Working with Audio Recording in Juvenile Court Digital Recording

Effective October 29, 2001 proceedings in this courtroom are being preserved using a digital audio recording system, For The Record (FTR). This technology allows a verbatim record to be made without the use of a court reporter. Parties are encouraged to use the Court's audio recording system.

Beginning December 3, 2001, in the FTR courtrooms, court reporters will not be ordered for hearings unless requested by a party. FTR will serve as the official record. Written notice for a court reporter must be filed with the Clerk of the Court and Court Administration at least 72 hours before the commencement of the proceeding.

Audio Copies

Requests for unofficial copies may be made through Juvenile Court Administration. Upon request, parties may obtain an unofficial copy of the audio record on compact disc. The party desiring a "burned" CD must supply Court Administration with a name brand, high quality blank CD-R disc. The CD-R disk must be played on a computer using FTR Player Plus 2.0 digital software, which is available at ForTheRecord (FTR).

Helpful Hints:
  • The systems use ultra-sensitive microphones. Avoid making any statements you do not want recorded.
  • Upon speaking for the first time, identify your self for the record. Spell your name and state whom you represent.
  • Speak clearly and audibly.
  • Speak one at a time.
  • The record can only pick up words. Avoid "uh huh" and gestures.
  • When reading from a document, read slowly.
Ordering Transcripts:
  • The date of the proceeding you wish transcribed.
  • The cause number.
  • The case caption.
  • Your name, address, telephone number. E-mail address is optional.
  • Why are you requesting the transcript.

The judicial officer will review and approve or deny the request. Division staff will send the original request to the clerk of the court with a copy to Juvenile Court Administration.

Juvenile Court Administration will locate the recorded proceeding and will provide it to the transcriber. The party ordering a transcript must pay for it. Court Administration will contact you to arrange for payment and delivery of the transcript.

If you have questions, call: Superior Court Electronic Records Services (602) 506-7100.

click here for Self-Service Center