You are here:
Supervision: Work Furlough Program
- All cases are screened prior to acceptance (Presentence completes a preliminary screening).
- Probation Officers monitor the probationers.
- Full-time employment is required.
- Employers/School personnel sign a Letter of Understanding indicating their knowledge
regarding the Work Furlough Program, the probationers' rate of pay, and the work/school hours.
- The Work Furlough Officers provide the jail with the release hours to coincide with the
probationers work hours and to accommodate the method of travel.
- Probationers are monitored for drug and alcohol use while in the program.
- Probationers must meet the medical requirements in order to participate.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. (The Sheriff's Office cannot accommodate juveniles).
- Employed - must have at least 30 days remaining on their sentence.
- Unemployed - must have at least 45 days remaining on their sentence.
- There is a five (5) day Job Search for those individuals who are employable.
- No 2-for-1 permitted.
- $125.00 initially. This fee is applied toward the Work Furlough fees.
- Fees consist of one hour's wage, plus a $3.00 administrative fee, minimum fee of $9.00 per day.
- Generally - Maximum of 12 hours per day, maximum six (6) days per week.
- Cannot work out of a residence, for family members/friends. If self-employed, must provide last
two (2) years income tax verification, business and tax licenses that apply.
- Not allowed to go home (Exception - first day may be allowed to get clothing and appropriate items).
For further information, please contact (602) 372-5922